Unboxing My Glam Box; April


Welcome to the UK's first MUA recommended subscription box bought to you by Glam Squad. Glam Squad is a platform for all things beauty related, bringing users and experts together to form some sort of community where you can connect with clients or look for a service online - a pretty cool concept if you ask me however I was more intrigued by their GlamBox.

I believe their Aprils box (which is what I got) is the first subscription box they've released and it retails for only £15 (+P&P).  I purchased this a little late as I initially subscribed on the 8th of April and finally  received it on 27th - so it took a while to get to me however I was impressed with the contents. Hopefully because I'm already subscribed for next month, it should arrive on time.  It also appears that they have themes each month, this one is the queen of colours - Rose Gold Theme. 


What's in my box?





  • Not one but TWO of 'The BeBeautiful Studio' Eye Pigments in the shades 'Glam' which is like a champagne gold toned and 'Glam Rose' is a rose gold. I was so amazed that I had two of these in my box. I LOVE glitter pigment pots and to have these in such stunning colours I was gassed. I swatched them below without any glitter glue and they still swatched nicely. These were a limited edition product creating specifically for the box subscribers but if you go on the brands website: www.thebebeautifulstudio.co.uk then you'll see the amazing pigments that they sell for only £5 each! I've never heard of this brand before however I'm in love already.
  • K Rose B Pressed Eyeshadow in Shade Booboo - This is a baby pink shade with silver reflects in a large 36mm pan which is bigger than normal sizes and it is also magnetic so you are able to easily add to a palette. The colour of this is so pretty and it swatched nicely bearing in mind I used my dry finger. It says it is best applied with a wet brush which is expected for shimmery shadows. This would normally retail for £4.50.
  • Eyeconic Rose Gold 3D Face & Body Glitter Pot - omg how cute. This is perfect for upcoming festival seasons so I'm pretty happy with this. It's in a nice size glass jar too so you know you're not going to be leaving a glitter trail anywhere. This normally retails for £5.50.
  • Mollie Cosmetics Lashes - It doesn't say what style lashes these are but they are quite wispy and suitable for a soft glam look perhaps? They look really nice and after looking on their website it looks like their synthetic and retail for £5. My Glam Box suggests that you will always get a pair of lashes in your box which is a bonus as you can never have too many falsies!
  • Hebe Lipgloss - This is a pretty pink toned nude lipgloss, the pigment is fab as it is a very pigmented gloss which smells absolutely lush! However, the only downfall about this gloss is that you have to pump quite a lot for the applicator to get out a good amount to apply which is slightly annoying but other than that it's a good product. This would normally retails for £8.
  • Plush Brush - This foundation brush is that soft that I'm too scared to use it haha. On a serious note, it's the perfect size to apply product with as it's quite dense and it looks like I would get a good use out of it. This normally retails for £20.


From Top to Bottom: Glam Rose Pigment, Glam Pigment, Booboo Eyeshadow, Eyeconic Rose Gold Glitter



Verdict:

I can honestly say that this is the best subscription box I've ever purchased! I love the fact it's all make up bits that were recommended by MUA's and it's from brands that I've never heard of so it's still giving me a chance to test out things that I haven't already come across. I can guarantee I will use ALL of what I've been given which is unusual as there is usually a few products that I don't end up using in the sub boxes. I thought the little packet of love heart sweets were a good touch too because who doesn't love sweets. I'm excited to see what is in the next box and whether or not they keep up to the same standard as they say the boxes usually retail between £40-£100 - this one came to approx £53 which is good considering I only paid around £18 inc P&P. The next box apparently has the theme of 'That Glow' which makes me excited as it could be to do with highlighters which I'm obviously obsessed with! If I were you, I'd sign up ASAP on their website: https://myglamsquad.co.uk/ so you're in for a treat too. 


Thank you for reading and let me know if you have subscribed! 
Love Chelsea xo

No comments