Beauty Advent Calendar Round Ups of 2018

Is anybody else gutted that Christmas is over?! I can't get over how quick it's gone but during the build up I purchased two beauty advent calendars as I got them in the Black Friday sales and if you follow me on Instagram then you probably would've seen me post them on my story each day. I think quite a few people liked that as I had messages saying they felt like they were opening it too! 

*Be warned, it's a long post guys sorry!!*

Glossybox Advent Calendar - I paid £57.50, RRP £90





1. Nars Velvet Lip Glide (Immoral) (£13.72) - I love the fact door 1 is a mars product as I am loving this brand atm however slightly disappointed of the colour as I never wear hot pink lipstick, would've been better if it was a nude but I am tempted to see if I can use it as a liquid eyeliner..?
2. Nip & Fab Dragons Blood Fix Plumping Serum (£11.97) - Love this, I've been using it since I received it and it's sooo hydrating
3. Yankee Candle (Season of Peace) (£8.99) - Yay! who doesn't love a yankee candle and this scent is so fresh!
4. Philip Kingsley Body Building Conditioner (£7) - I've heard good reviews on this and it does leave your hair silky and soft
5. MDM Flow Greater Than Mascara (£18) - I've not heard of this brand before so it's good to try something new 
6. 3ina Lip Primer (£9.95) - I've not tried anything from this brand before however I've been using this before a liquid lipstick and it instantly smoothens and mattifies your lips to prep for the application 
7. Patisserie De Bain Bath & Shower Creme (£2.99) - This smells amazing!!
8. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (£9.99) - You can never have too many RT brushes, they were the first brush brand I started using so will always have a love for them
9. Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Mousse (£2.49) - A good mousse was actually on my list to purchase for when my hair is naturally curly and waved so this was needed
10. BareMinerals Vital Power Infusion Serum (£7.29) - I received a sample of this before and LOVED it, very happy I got this as it will definitely be used
11. Bellapierre Kiss Proof Lip Finish (£19.99)- This hydrating clear lipgloss is definitely needed in this weather and I don't actually own a clear gloss yet
12. MUA Eyeshadow Palette (Cosmic Vixen) (£5) - As far as drugstore palettes, this is a good one. The pigment isn't amazing because they're an affordable brand but the colour scheme is pretty
13. Karmameju Konjac Sponge (£11.44) - I was a little confused at first as I thought it was some sort of make up sponge lol but it's a charcoal exfoliator and cleanser so I'm looking forward to trying this
14. Elgon Refibra Concentrated Restoring Hair Mask (13.42) - This is definitely needed for my dry hair right now!
15. INC.redible Jelly Shot Lip Quencher (Ex Revenge) (£8.99) - Didn't know what this was at first but it's a lip balm and I think it's pretty cool if I'm honest
16. POP Beauty Pigment (Metallic Copper) (£7.66) - I love pigment pots and this is definitely a colour I would get use out of so I'm happy with this!
17. Luxie Tapered Highlighter Brush (£19.91) - Really happy with this as it's super soft and a brush brand I've not come across before so will definitely be checking them out as I'm in need of new brushes!
18. Lollipops Liquid Highlighter (£9.69) - A travel size golden highlighter is a good product to receive, isn't it?
19. Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater & Pink Peppercorn Hand Cream (£8) - You can really never have enough hand creams throughout the water and I know this is a good brand 
20. Steve Laurant Lip Gloss (Eggplant) (£16.85) - This gloss is very pigmented and was such a classic festive colour
21. Pixi by Petra Blush (Beach Rose) (£8.80) - I was very excited about this as I've been gagging to try some of their make up and this is such a pretty colour blush
22. Zelens Transformer Instant Renewal Mask (£19) - Not heard of this brand before so a good one to try
23. Eyeko Fat Eye Stick (Satin) (£6) - The colour of this is gorge and it's super creamy
24. Mitchell & Peach Flora No.1 Fine Radiance Oil (£40) - I've not tried from this brand before but I've heard good reviews and I've only just realised how much this oil is worth which is amazing!!
25. HUDA Beauty Winter Solstice Highlighting Palette (£40) - The product that basically sold the calendar to me as I've been after it for a while and my god is it pretty, so worth it!!

Overall - I did actually really love this box, two products in it alone pretty much made up the cost which is amazing and they actually had the full 25 days to count down with too. There are some products/brands that I weren't really phased about but I'm really happy with the Huda, Pixi, Mitchell & Peach, Nars (despite it being the wrong colour to add) and the POP pigment - those products were my fave. I'm looking forward to seeing next years although I will be watching the unboxing to see if it's worth the money. If this wasn't on offer then I don't think I would've purchased it but I'm glad it was.

Debenhams Advent Calendar - I paid £35, RRP £70





  1. KatVonD Tattoo Liner 0.2ml - I've been gagging to try this so I'm happy to receive a sample of this!
  2. L'Occitane En Provence Shea Butter Hand Cream 10ml - Like I said previously, can never have too many hand creams!
  3. Benefit BADgal BANG! Mascara in Black 3g - Another product I've been dying to try due to the big hype. I've been using it since I bought it and I'm not too sure if I'm lover as it really does clump the lashes!!
  4. MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Primer in Radiant Yellow 5ml - I've not tried any from this range before so I'm happy to receive this
  5. Ciate Nail Polish in Dangerous Affair 5ml - This is the perfect Burgundy shade, I started using this straight away and as far as nail polishes go...this is a good one
  6. Filorga Lift Structure Cream 7ml - Not heard of this brand or product before so an interesting one to try (if I even get round to it...)
  7. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp 8ml - I love NYX lip creams however similar to the NARS in the glossy box scenario - it's a colour I doubt I would ever wear, WHERE ARE THE NUDES?!
  8. Lancôme Advanced Génifique Youth Activating Serum 5ml - If I'm honest, it's probably a product I'd forget about 
  9. Touch In Sol No Poreblem Primer 3ml - This is actually a product I've already got and like
  10. Make Up Forever Artist Crème Rouge Lipstick in Shade C211 1.4g - Not a nude but finally a colour that I will wear!!
  11. Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 5ml - Another product I've really wanted to try so I'm glad I finally can
  12. Nails Inc Nail Polish in Collingham Place 10ml - This is a beautiful nude shade!
  13. Laura Geller Lash Boss Mascara in Black 4ml - I've not tried from this brand so I'm looking forward to trying their mascaras
  14. The Handmade Soap Company Lemongrass and Cedarwood Hand Cream 30ml - This product looks quite quirky and it smells amazing
  15. INC.redible Glazin Over Lip Glaze 3.4ml - This is a pretty burnt copper shade which I think would've also been great over the festive period
  16. Elemis Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser 30ml Don't really know what this is but have heard good reviews on the brand
  17. Ouai Leave-In Conditioner 25ml - I was excited to try this as heard good stuff and so far so good!
  18. Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 30ml - Not heard much from this brand before but it will probably be one that's left in the drawer and forgotten about...
  19. Parks Candles Vanilla Scented Candle 30cL - You can never have too many candles, especially Vanilla ones!!
  20. BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Serum 7.5ml - This must be a popular product within beauty calendars, as I said above I love this stuff
  21. Glamglow Youth Mud 15g - I really rate these masks so I'm happy I got this
  22. Paco Rabanne Lady Million Eau de Parfum 5ml - Probably my fave thing to receive, the bottle is so cute and it smells amazing!!
  23. Oh K! Gold Dust Under Eye Mask 2x1.5g - I'm pleased I got this as I'm dying to try Korean skincare
  24. Debenhams Beauty £5 Gift Card - This is a good addition, obviously I'd be happy to receive a gift card as I always shop the beauty department in Debenhams
Overall - Sooooo many good brands which is why I loved this calendar. The only downfall is that everything is sample sizes but then I've received a lot here of products that I've wanted to try but didn't want to spend full price just yet so having the sample allows me to trial the products and if it's AMAZING then I will buy it. So far I'm definitely going to purchase the full size Kat von D liner and Lady Million perfume! I am really pleased with the items in this calendar although I am glad I bought the calendar at half price as due to the sample sizes, I don't think I would've purchased for the full £70.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moral of the story - I LOVED beauty advent calendars, it really is like receiving a present everyday however wait until the Black Friday sales to purchase them as that is definitely what I'd be doing next year. I hope you enjoyed my countdown and the overall review, hopefully it will be the same again at Christmas, already counting down the days...... Have you had beauty advent calendars before? If so, what ones would you recommend?

Thank you for reading this long ass post, 
Chelsea xo

3 comments

  1. I didn't purchase a beauty advent calendar this year but looking at the ones mentioned I kind of regret it as I love receiving loads of new products regardless as to whether they are minis or not. The Debs one sounds right up my street, I wish I bought it!!
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend them! I will deffo be waiting for the Black Friday offers though xxx

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post - loving all the products and they're perfect for pampering skin! Here is the masks that works for me https://www.amazon.com/Under-Eye-Gold-Mask-Moisturising/dp/B07B2H9KKW

    ReplyDelete