Beauty Favourites of 2017

So as we come to the end of another year, I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite discoveries of 2017 and thank the lord that these came in to my life. I'm not great at make up but I'm constantly trying to improve and learn my own face. By being able to do so, it's a lot easier finding products that you work well with and these are what help me. There is a mixture so I apologise now if this post is long but I would definitely recommend these and I'm hoping that they help you find your all time faves.

Anastasia Beverly Hills - 'Prism' Eyeshadow Palette (Full Review Here)
Now if you read my previous blog post then you'd know that I was so eager to purchase this palette when I saw it was released and I've not been disappointed since. I love this palette and I love the range of looks it offers. It has diversity, good pigmentation, sleek design with a handy mirror and not to mention the brush that comes along with it is one that I always use. The mattes Eden and Saturn are my go to transition colours pretty often but the colours I'm really drawn to are Dimension and Throne. The shimmers are amazing and so buttery, apart from Lucid I found that as the only let down but I've got a lot of colours similar so that doesn't phase me.

Huda Beauty 'Warm Brown Obsessions' Palette (Full Review Here)
My previous blog post stated that I like this palette but not love - well times have changed as it seems to be my go to palette now especially for my day to day make up routine. The colours all compliment each other very well and you can go from day to night pretty fast. I love this little compact, the mattes are actually quite pigmented but nothing compares to the pigment of the shimmer, that is literally a dream but I have come to terms with the fact that mattes are quite hard to make just as pigmented without making them chalky. Nevertheless, each shade blends really nicely and you are able to do the perfect warm toned smokey eye for sure. Don't ya just love warm toned palettes!

Kat Von D 'Shade + Light' Powder Contour Palette
This is 100% hands down my favourite face palette. I used to use this a lot then put it down for a while but now I've gone back to using it everyday and it's like I've barely touched it. It's amazing! Each pan is so pigmented so a little does go a long way, especially on my fair toned skin. I struggle a little with contour/bronzing shades because I am so fair but the first pan of the contour one is literally my everyday. It suits me perfectly and the lighter shades (especially the banana coloured one) are so ideal for brightening up certain areas of my face especially my under eye.    


Too Faced Hangover 3 in 1 Replenish, Primer & Setting Spray
I'm so glad that I bought this out of impulse in London a few weeks ago from the Too Faced shop. I thought that because I was in their very first store that I should buy something so I literally picked up this and I've used it everyday since. This is my favourite setting spray and I sometimes use it as a primer too, it helps ensure my make up isn't cake-y and it literally does help your make up last throughout the day. Also, it smells of coconut as it's made from coconut water so it is really refreshing on your skin too.

Doll Light 'Like a Diamond' Highlighter (Full Review Here)
I have bought so many highlighters recently yet since I've bought this one, I keep going back to it. I like a blinding highlight and I find all the ones I keep buying haven't been able to top this one. Don't get me wrong, you can easily use it for a subtle glow but it's so pigmented, buttery and easy to pack on - which I do a lot of. The colour is beautiful and it really compliments my pale skin. I love it (as you can see from the state of the pan  - oops).

Freedom Medium Brown Eyebrow Pomade
I've been meaning to write a blogpost based on this product alone. This (without fail) is a product I use e v e r y single day, to the point where I believe it's an exact dupe of ABH dip brow or I potentially think it's better. It doesn't dry out as much as my ABH one did, it's the exact same colour and it's so creamy making it easy to apply. I simply use this with my ABH duo ended brush and it lasts all day without smudging. I can't recommend this product enough and what is even better is that it's only £5!!!! Also, the life of the product itself is over a year more than the ABH dip brow which is why I think my dip brow dried out so quickly.

L'Oreal Paradise Mascara
This is a huge blogger favourite. I saw it everywhere on my Instagram and finally caved into buying it. In all honesty, at first I wasn't that impressed by it. I thought I had been bumped haha. However, I continued to use it seeing as I did buy it and I've grown to love it. I pair this with the Loreal Telescopic mascara (I always have to use two mascaras at a time) as the Paradise is perfect for thickening but the Telescopic helps to reduce the clumps and is perfect for lengthening, especially the bottom lashes = a perfect combination of mascaras. 

Nyx Epic Fine Liner
I've been searching high and low for a liquid eyeliner that is easy to apply, JET black and doesn't break the bank. I've finally found one and this is now my second purchase!! I love it. I use it pretty much everyday as it's so easy to apply. It's in the shape of a pen but the tip is really fine so it's easy to attempt that wing. Before I found this, I used to use rimmell ones because even though they are cheap, they were always the only ones that were actually JET Black. It's also under a tenner which is a bit of me and it's an exact dupe of the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner = winning!

So, these are my all time faves.. they are products that I constantly reach for most days or even so everyday and if I were to be trapped on a desert island then I'd be brining these with me. Now we begin the new year, I'm looking forward to all the new make up releases aswell as all the new content I can create/review for you to read and hopefully more subscribers added to the fam. I hope you all have a wonderful (but safe) new year and will speak to you in 2018.

Much love, 

No comments