Current Drugstore Favourites

Now, I loveeee a good splurge on make up but sometimes it can be expensive especially for everyday wear and who doesn't love a good drugstore bargain? If I could spend the rest of my life in Boots or Superdrug then I'd be a happy bugger.  These products are literally like my ride or dies, I wear majority of them pretty much everyday and they don't break the bank so whats not to love. 

This mini palette contains 6 velvety shadows that I believe are pretty much everyday wear (of course I don't wear eyeshadow everyday but you get my jist). You've got your transition shades as well as shades that you can build up if you want more of a brown smokey eye. If you've read previous blogposts then you know that I'm all about the oranges and browns as they bring out my green eye colour so this palette is ideal for me. I also love the fact that it's small and compact so it's perfect to put in your bag when you're travelling somewhere, it's not always great when you massive palettes are weighing down your bag!

I have already done a blog post (here) based on this and have said numerous times that the sleek highlighting palettes are my holy grail however as my highlight collection has been building up, I actually forgot about this palette (naughty, eh) but have recently re-discovered it and remembered as to why it's one of the faves. This versatile palette contains two luxurious cream highlighters and two baked meaning you can really build up your glow and who doesn't love to bathe themselves in gold?

Max Factor Crème Puff Powder Compact - £6.99 

You know those questions - if you were put on a deserted island, what one item would you bring? Well this would be it. I live by this compact powder and I have religiously for the past 10 years - no joke! This powder was used by my whole friendship group in school, we used to sit there in a circle and constantly powder our faces haha. I love it. I use the shade Medium Beige and sometimes I would just use concealer and this rather than foundation. It literally blurs my imperfections and gives my skin an airbrush base, I've always got this compact on me - I swear by it.

 

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfect Concealer (Fair) - £4.19

This concealer is apparently a 'blogger favourite' and I now understand why, it's my new favourite! According to some people, it's a dupe for the Urban Decay concealer but that is a comparison that I can't make as I've never really owned a high end one but I don't need to after using this. This really brightens up your face, blends out nicely and does everything a concealer needs to do. Expect another blog post based on the different shades of this cos I'm in love.

 

Rimmel Insta Contour Stick (Medium) - £6.99

I'm new onto this bandwagon as it was a recent purchase of mine. I'm also new into the contouring game, I don't do it often but sometimes I need to define my hidden cheekbones and this has been ideal for doing so. It has two swivel up sticks to it, the contour end (great) and the highlighting end which is not so great so I only recommend the darker side as it is really pigmented and once again it blends out like a dream.

 

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Liner Capuccino 47 - £2.99

This is that perfect brown lip liner and it's so blood cheap! It's a pencil liner but it transfers onto your skin so smoothly, it's ultra comfortable to wear and almost feels a little moisturising where it's so pigmented. I have found that this lip liner is perfect to wear with my MAC Spirit lipstick (fave combo).

 

 (Top x6 shades are from the NYX Lid Lingerie Palette, two middle shades are from the Rimmel Contour and Highlight Stick and the bottom is the Rimmel Lip Liner)

I've linked all the products in the title and hope you enjoyed reading, now if they take your fancy then go get yourself a bargain!

No comments