Is Lush worth the hype?

Lush seems to be a massive hit within the blogging community from the various bath products to their skincare and in all honesty, I've probably only ever bought maybe three products in my life for myself from there - Toner Water, Honey Lip scrub and a bath bomb - albeit I have been bought their bath bombs for Christmas one year but thats besides the point - I never usually see what all the fuss is about. However, I thought I would take a wander in there one morning and see if I can find myself something to alter my views on the brand. I did indeed pick up the 'sex bomb' bath bomb, the Sleepy body lotion and 'Mmmmelting Marshmellow Moment' Bath Oil...

'Sex Bomb' 200G Bathbomb - £3.75
I'll start off with this product as to me this is what Lush was originally profound for. I do like a bath bomb however I don't tend to take a bath as often (obviously that means I shower...) to feel the need to splash out on them. I chose to go with the cheapest bath bomb there was because I don't think they are worth more than what I paid for for this product. Some in the store were going for double the price? Why? They fizz for a few mins, you take a picture of it and put it on Instagram or snapchat and thats that. They do make the bath smell nice but if you're only in there for a wash, who's to say you will wash away that fragrant too. I nearly purchased a glitter one because they are super pretty however I was not prepared to get glitter stuck in my hair! Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing bath bombs in general as if I were to have a bath then I would choose to stick one in but I never spend a lot on them especially not in one go!
Sleepy Body Lotion 95g- £7.95
This product is something I purposely went into Lush to buy as I've heard nothing but good reviews. I've been struggling with my sleep lately, resulting in me getting up dead early or just broken sleep in general and I needed a nice remedy. I kid you not - I had a shower, I applied this cream all over my body which I felt was quite nourishing and definitely soothing, I put on some cosy pjs and there we are, half hour later and I was dead to the world for nearly 10 hours.....10 bloody hours, am I alright? Well yeah I am because I've had 10 hours sleep. Since then, I've used this every night and I can honestly say that this is probably the best product I've come across in Lush. At first, I thought oooh the price is a bit steep (I like cheap and cheerful) and to be fair, I bought it thinking it was £6 but fool on me as it was £2 more expensive but I tell you what, it's definitely worth it. Don't get me wrong I haven't got insomnia but I just needed that extra oomph to help me sleep and this is that. It also smells lovely too as it has a mixture of Lavender, Oatmeal, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil and Cocoa Butter - what a fab combination.
Mmmmelting Marshmellow Moment' Bath Oil - £2.50
Ok so I purchased this not really knowing what it was but it was cheap so I thought hey ho, I'll add it to the basket. One of the very few products that I came across that I actually enjoyed the scent of. It's bright yellow and pink and it does in fact remind me of dolly sweets which I love. It's made from marshmallow powder, extra virgin coconut oil and almond oil - each one of these key ingredients are a good source of hydration for your skin and in these winter months, I'm all about that hydrating nourishment as you'd know that my skin type is quite dry. I have heard lots of good reviews on this product and I tell you what, I may even join the good review club as I did really like this product. It's of good value which is what we love and it does what it claims to do - what more do you want. It does release a bit of glitter, which I can handle in small doses (as long as it's not hair wash day) and after popping it into your bath, giving it a good whirl so it disperses the oils properly and then soak, my skin felt prepped for the night. I did read that it helps with people with Eczema, so if you're someone who suffers with that then perhaps this is a good soothing product for you to try too!

Overall:
Ok, so I do think some of the products in stores are a little overpriced for what they are and how quickly you use them e.g bath bombs however the other two products featured today, I would say are definitely worth the pennies. I do want to try more of their skin care range but I feel whenever I walk into the shop I'm always overwhelmed with the amount of people in the store and not having a clue what each product is for. Maybe, I'll read some more reviews on each product before I enter so I am in and out. Also, the products do look great on our Instagram, don't they!

Do you recommend any products from lush that I should try? If so, feel free to drop me a message as I'm open to try but for now, thank you for reading!

No comments