Liquid Illuminators...Dupe?

Hey, 

Now if you know me, then you'd know I'm all about dat highlight. It's a product that I keep buying from different brands in a variety of colours, but I was lucky enough to receive these too liquid illuminators from my lovely friends as a birthday present - The well loved NARS Illuminator - Copacabana and NYX Born to Glow Illuminator - Sunbeam. Liquid illuminators are a multi functioning product that is perfect for the summer as you can either wear alone or under/over your foundation, eyes or even add under your powder highlight for that extra AF glow.

 NARS - Copacabana £23 (here)

When I first received this item, I was super excited! It's something that I've thought about getting for a while and obviously NARS is great brand to use. I kid you not, this product leaves you g-l-o-w-i-n-g. I tend to wear this instead of foundation = I apply this then concealer and then followed by my Creme Puff Powder. This shade is described as a 'Glistening Pearl' and for my fair with pink undertone skin, it suits me well. However, apply too much and it will look like you've just done an hours HIIT session at the gym so a little product goes a long way.

NYX - Sunbeam £8 (here)

This shade appears to be slightly more Rose Gold in comparison to Copacabana however once blended out, the colour match is pretty much identical. I've found that this product is a great dupe to choose from and at only half the price - winning! Sunbeam also lasted well on my skin underneath the rest of my make up and it just felt so lightweight whilst giving me that luminous finish. I wore this product constantly when I was in Ibiza instead of anything else on my skin and it was bloody lovely. 

 This picture is once it has been blended out, the photo doesn't do it justice however it has given me such a natural shimmer, what more do you want in the summer!

In comparison, although the NYX one is only half the price, you do get less product (NARS = 30ml, NYX 18ml) and from my personal experience I tend to use less of the NARS product as it is so vibrant. So, does it work out that much cheaper?! In my opinion, I say it's worth the extra pennies but if you are on a budget, then I hope I've helped you find a DUPE. Let me know your thoughts, what one do you prefer?

Thank you for reading, 

Chelsea xox

No comments