My First Charlotte Tilbury Product!

March 3, 2018

“Lipstick is happiness in a tube!” – Charlotte Tilbury 
I'm finally in the GANG!! After a lot of um'ing and ah'ing on what shade to get, I thought my first CT purchase should be the very famous 'Pillow Talk' and god I do NOT regret that decision. 
Colour - This shade is part of the CT Matte Revolution range and was released last year after her friends were BEGGING her for years to turn the CULT classic Lip Cheat Lip Liner into a lipstick and my god did CT do a good job! This shade is a pinky nude which matches Lip Cheat Lip Pencil in Pillow Talk exactly. I would say on my fair skin, it has more of a rosy tone to it but perhaps on darker skin types it would be the ultimate nude - either way, the shade is suitable for all skin tones and I know for a fact that most people love it. I love the fact that it's very versatile as you'd be able to wear it with any make up look and thats going from full on upbeat to you're just nipping to the shops and you don't want to look like death....

Packaging - I LOVE the rose gold packaging, well as a matter of fact anything rose gold really. It has a very luxurious feel to it as the case of the actual lipstick feels very sturdy and not cheap at all (which matches the price tag). The shape of the lipstick itself is quite the staple to the brand as it's recognised everywhere but I specifically like the square angled tip as it fits each corner of your lip perfectly ensuring an easy application.

 Formula - This is a matte lipstick however it doesn't feel like it. I'm quite weary with mattes because I suffer from real dry lips and I hate it when your lipstick throughout the day seems to dry up and gather where your mouth sits - do you know what I mean? The formula of this lipstick on the other hand is far from that. It feels like it's a satin formula due to it containing a blend of oils and it glides on very smoothly but not to mention it is amazingly comfortable to wear. It's also enriched with lipstick tree and orchid (I didn't even know that was a thing) to hydrate and protect your lips - what more do you want from a lipstick eh? 

Price - This lipstick retails for £24 and I purchased mine from the Charlotte Tilbury department in John Lewis or you can purchase online here. I'm not going to lie but the price tag is what put me off for so long. It is probably my most expensive lipstick and I can literally only justify purchasing one at a time however I can see why people are willing to pay that.

Overall, I really do love this lipstick! It wears very well throughout the day, it's medium coverage to full coverage but easily buildable and the formula is literally so satisfying to wear. I understand the hype and now I just want every other colour from her collection because some of the shades are beautiful, just don't think my bank balance will like that.....                       
                                                   Thank you for reading, 
                                                                   Chels xo

No comments