ABH Prism; Review, Swatches and Dupe?!



Prism is Anastasia Beverly Hills new palette from their Holiday Collection, it took a while however it's finally on the UK site retailing at £41 and despite the Subculture speculation, this palette seems to be a big hit all over the internet - and with me! 

First of all, I love the design of the packaging - it's very sleek and with the gold logo/writing debossed into the black velvet, it definitely gives off those deluxe first impressions. The palette comes with a standard mirror and the ABH duo ended brush - making the eyeshadow palette worth the value a bit more.

The eyeshadows have a mixture of fun, bold and vibrant shimmers but you also have your transition mattes making it a very versatile palette. Some of the colours are not your everyday wear, for example Throne and Osiris but that's what I liked about this. I don't have a lot of palettes that go out of my comfort zone and I'm really excited to play around with them. Some of the shades have similarities to their previous palettes and its formula is a lot like Modern Renaissance, meaning that it is very pigmented but not as powdery as Subculture - you basically have the best of both palettes, which for me is perfect. It definitely screams Holiday vibes for me.

Lucid: Duo chrome white gold with pink reflect - Similar to Cube from Subculture
Eden: Ultra-matte coral pink - Similar to Roxy in Subculture
Unity: Ultra-matte nude ochre - Similar to Golden Ochre from Modern Ren.
Sphinx: Metallic warm bronze - Similar to Adorn from Subculture
Osiris: Metallic midnight violet with red reflect 
Sphere: Ultra-matte electric green-yellow
Obsidian: Ultra-matte deep black
Dimension: Duo chrome silver-grey with pink reflect
Parallel: Ultra-matte truffle - Similar to Fudge from Subculture 
Pyramid: Metallic yellow gold with green reflect
Throne: Metallic blackened blue-green with multicolor reflect
Saturn: Ultra-matte terracotta - Similar to Realgar from Modern Ren.
Eternal: Metallic violet copper
Lure: Ultra-matte ashy lilac - Similar to Buon Fresco from Modern Ren.
Do some of these colours remind you of a review that I had done recently? Well it did me, most of the shimmers reminded me of the Juvias Place Magic Palette which of course is a cheaper alternative (£30) and the sizes of the pans are a lot bigger than in Prism but there are pro's and cons to both. A lot of similarities between the two, the shimmers I found to be slightly more pigmented in the Juvias Place palette compared to ABH but the ABH mattes were less chalky - so all swings and roundabouts. Here are the shades that I found to be pretty similiar:


Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase of Prism and although there are cheaper alternatives, I literally live for the Anastasia Beverly Hills palettes and this is my first purchase of the ongoing holiday collection - which are fab!

Until next time xo

No comments