The Primers that have won my heart


 (1. Nyx Pore Filler, 2. Elf Hydrating 3. Touch in Sol, 4. Fenty, 5. Nyx Angel Veil)

I haven't always been one to prime my face before make up application but until about a year or two ago, I now class it as a necessity so my primer collection is definitely ongoing. If you've read my blogposts before then you'd know that I do have dry skin HOWEVER as of recently I've gone more into the combination zone because my forehead tends to produce excess oil throughout the day. This is making me want to up my a game when it comes to primers and setting sprays so my make up is able to last throughout the working day. These are my favourite primers that I own, they do a mixture of things and have a variety of consistencies that each work well on my skin. 

I got this last year for my birthday and I used to love it, I put it down for a while and have recently started to reach for it again - remembered why I loved it! It has a different texture to the other primers that I own however it does a similar job to the Benefit Porefessional however it's only a fraction of the price. This really mattifies my face without it drying out due to the vitamin E it contains which also ensures a smooth application. The only thing I dislike about this primer is the tube that it's in and having to squeeze it out as it splats everywhere so be warned!

This is a silicone textured primer that is infused with grape and Vitamins A, C, & E for nourishing and anti-aging benefits. A little goes a long way so only one pump will do or you can get a bit oily however you can feel instantly how hydrating and refreshing it is on your skin. It has a nice silky feel to it and it helped my foundation apply evenly across my face, plus it's very cheap!

This may be my most expensive primer however I tell you what, I do not regret it! First of all, I love the sleek frosted glass packaging as it really looks and feels luxurious. Secondly, this feels similar to a moisturiser so my skin feels nourished whilst wearing this and it only has a slight scent. You get quite a lot of product in the bottle compared to my other primers which I think would justify the cost of it. It also really helps the longevity of my make up.

This brand originates from South Korea who takes pride in flawless skin so to have a product that instantly refines and blurs pores is amazing! Pores are a problem area of mine so this product is literally an angel in my eyes. It is a product that has been continuiously raved about for the past few months and I can definitely understand why. I would definitely think it's a combination between the fenty primer and the elf one in terms of texture and it has a clear thick consistency that feels quite moisturising at the same time as feeling very lightweight on your skin.

I haven't had this pimrer long however I do believe that this is my new holy grail!! I've been meaning to try this for ages and I finally remembered to order it which I'm glad I did as it's contributes to such a perfect, flawless base. It helps my make up stay on all day, it blurs out my pores, it has a slight thickness to the consistency of the product which to me feels like a barrier for my make up getting into my pores. It is also one of the only primers that helps control my new found oils on my forehead....hallelujah!! 

Overall, these are primers that in my opinion work best for me especially with my 'combination' skin and because they've worked so well on me, I thought I would share my recommendations. Let me know if you recommend any primers in particular that I should try and to see if it could top my new favourite (Angel Veil) but until then, thank you for reading!

                                                                                      Chelsea xo

No comments