Too Faced Chocolate Gold Palette; Review + Swatches

I was lucky enough to receive this palette from my boyfriend as a Christmas present however I did choose it when we went to London. Soon as I walked into the Toofaced shop and saw this on display I instantly fell in love and now it's my first Too Faced palette that I own. I must say, I was never that arsed about their previous chocolate palettes before as none of them really caught my eye but after receiving this, I've now made an order and waiting for it to arrive (will do a blogpost) as I want the whole collection. 

The packaging I believe is slightly different to the other chocolate bar palettes as half of it has a 'dripping in gold' affect which I like however if I'm honest, I don't like how chunky the size of the palette is. Personal preference is that I like sleek thin palettes which are easy to travel with but it's fine I can deal with that. Inside you get a big ass mirror which is clear as day and good size pans for each shade. Most of them are metallics however you do get your basic matte shades, which is everything you need to create a tonne of different looks. 

I LOVE the formula of each shade! The pigmentation of each metallic pan is insane and the colours really stand out for me, I don't own any other palette with a vibrant pink or green for example so I find that this palette was a good investment (for my boyfriend lol). The shades are buttery but not too buttery so you are still able to apply with a brush - this is great if you have nails and don't want to apply with your fingers which I find you need to do with most shimmer shades for a better pay off. The mattes are still of good quality and don't kickback as much which shows they're not as chalky however it was hard to get a good swatch from the white shade. I also love the smell of this palette, isn't it divine! Who doesn't love a chocolate smelling eyeshadow ay?

Rollin In Dough - Matte White Shade
So Boujee - Matte Light Brown Shade
Decadent - Matte Black Shade
Classy & Sassy - Foiled Rose Gold
Cocoa Truffle - Matte Chocolate Brown
Drippin in Diamonds - Foiled Icy Blue/Silver
Famous -  Foiled Bronze
Rich Girl - Foiled Silver Taupe
Livin Lavish - Foiled Plum
New Money - Foiled Bright Pink
Gold Dipped - Foiled Champagne
Old Money - Foiled Copper
Chocolate Gold - Foiled Bright Gold
Holla for a Dolla - Foiled Olive
Love & Cocoa - Foiled Dark Bronze
Money Bags - Foiled Bright Green



Overall, I LOVE this palette. You can create so many diverse looks with it and the colour choice in the palette really stood out for me - especially New Money as you can see. It currently retails for £39 in Debenhams (here) for 12 shimmers and 4 mattes - This palette is definitely one of my favourites at the moment that's for sure. 

Have you got this palette? Do you recommend any of the other Too Faced palettes? I've currently got the white chocolate bar on order although I do need to see the big hype for the sweet peach range! Thank you for reading, 

No comments