Urban Decay All Nighter Concealer Review


Finally a new addition to the Urban Decay family was the 'All Nighter Waterproof Full-Coverage Concealer' which has recently made it's way into my make up bag. I've been on the hunt for a new full coverage concealer considering my current favourites (Collection 2000) ones are at an all time low so it was perfect timing and I must admit, I don't really push the boat out when it comes to high end concealer purchases. I mean the only other ones that I've bought that has costed me over a tenner are the Mac ones and they're not too bad but this is a product that I need to get right on my face.



"All Nighter Waterproof Full-Coverage Concealer provides flawless matte coverage that lasts all day and all night. Cover anything and get a perfectly blown-out effect. Our ultra-pigmented, blendable formula controls shine and masks imperfections for 24 hours. And the beautiful, modern-matte finish never looks overdone."

Packaging - I absolutely love the packaging on this item. It's very unique to the range, it is obviously exactly the same as the all nighter foundation which is easier if people prefer that foundation to be able to match with the concealer. You receive 3.5ml of product which is pretty standard and it's in a long, slim bottle with a good sized applicator. It has a luxe feel to it so it does actually look worth the price and the douffe gives it a nice simple application similar to my Collection 2000 ones.

Formula - This product is very thick hence the full coverage so I worked on one area at a time to ensure everything was blended correctly. Now this baby is literally what it says on the pack in the terms of that coverage HOWEVER I wasn't best pleased with the formula. I know my skin is a bit up and down at the moment as it's gone from being dry to combination but my under eye is still at that dry stage.  I felt as if this product enhanced that dryness and the product literally just sank all into my fine lines immediately making them stand out even more :( Also, it's not a concealer that I can wear on top of any foundation as I have noticed. I usually use Mac Studio Fix which tbf it works okay with (I don't hate it but I don't love it) however when I applied it after using the NARS foundation for example, oh dear lord you could've sent me to the bakery as I was cakey to f*** - to the point that I had to remove all make up and re do because it was just not doing bits for me. 

Longevity - I trialled and have tested this product for a couple of days now after wearing it on top of my MAC foundation, I can honestly say that it did wear well throughout the day. It definitely brightens up my under eye and it stayed like that for a good 8 hours... I obviously didn't trial 24 hours like it promises but 8 hours is goo enough for me.

Worth the money? This product retails for £20. It's not my most expensive concealer however I definitely think that my favourite drugstore products exceeds this one. Like I said before, I don't hate it but I don't love it. If it wasn't so drying under my eye then it would be an amazing product due to the full coverage, the longevity and how it really does brighten up your under eye. Perhaps if I really focus on these problem areas within my skin care routine then it could change my opinion on this product but I'm quite disappointed for the hefty score I paid for this.

What are your thoughts on this? Can you recommend a good full coverage concealer that you think would work well on my skin? Let me know in the comments below.  Thank you for reading, 
                                                                     Chelsea xo

No comments