Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette; Review + Swatches



I know I know, I'm slightly (over a year or two) late in purchasing the Violet Voss Holy Grail palette however what prompted me to buy was the 30% discount on Beauty Bay making it a reasonable price. This price normally retails at £43 (here) and it is one of those products that goes in and out of stock more than that but I was gassed when I finally received it and I can *spoiler alert* understand the hype.

Shade Range - This palette is a warm toned lovers dream as it includes 20 shades that are a mixture of shimmers and mattes. I already have a whole bunch of palettes that probably consist of these shades but you just need this palette to complete them - bronzes, cranberries and orange shades are my absolute fave (as you are probably aware from the many reviews I've previously posted). I'm unsure as to why I didn't purchase sooner! I don't know about you but I'm also loving the shade names, they're cute.. 

Crystal - Champagne nude shimmer
Ploof - Bronzed rose pink neutral
Thanks A Latte - Matte nude.
Transition - Matte honey coffee.
Hashtag - Rich terracotta.
Awesome Sauce - Copper shimmer.
Bestie - Matte mocha cream.
Toffee - Duo-chrome brown with vibrant bronze and golden shimmers.
Chill - Shimmery chocolate gold.
How U Doin - Pink-toned bronze shimmer.
Bat My Eyes - Deep brown shimmer.
Cool Beans - Pale chocolate shimmer.
R U Kitten Me - Matte brown with terracotta undertones.
So Jelly - Deep rose pink shimmer.
On Fleek - Chocolate orange with hints of petal pink.
Brownie Points - Matte dark coffee.
Teddy Bear - Dark burgundy with brown undertones.
Glamping - Metallic chocolate-toned rouge shimmer.
Cranberry - Dark pink shimmer.
Wine N Dine - Dark berry-toned rouge with wine undertones and a matte finish.




Formula - As normal, the shimmers are very buttery and pigmented. I think that is the standard now in most palettes, the shimmers are always easy to review however the mattes tend to be what makes a product work (in my eyes) because they're the pans that I would reach for the most but apparently they're harder to perfect. A matte needs to be pigmented, blend seamlessly and be very buildable. Some of the mattes in this palette aren't as pigmented as others however they are all easily buildable which I prefer because it means that they are great to blend. The swatches of Brownie Points and Teddy Bear came out a little patchy however when using on my eye, they were absolutely fine. Wine n Dine was a shade that I was drawn to the most when purchasing but it is more pinky when transferred to the skin and it is a shade that slightly blends away so it's best to pack on a little more than the others so it holds the colour. My fave shades were So Jelly, Ploof and Teddy Bear.

Colours used: Transition, Hashtag, Wine n Dine, Teddy Bear, Glamping, Cool Beans and Ploof
Overall - I think this palette is a staple in my collection and it has made me want them all from Violet Voss. I love the fact that you can create a whole eye look without the need to reach for other palettes, it has all the shades you need in one and it even tells you what transition shade to use. I do however think that the price is a little expensive as I know you can get good quality palettes for cheaper so I would prefer if it was cheaper however it's not the end of the world when you get a discount code! Have you seen the new palettes from VV? Also, I thought that some of these shades were slightly similar to the ABH Soft Glam...? 
                                                                                  Happy Easter everyone, 
                                                                                              Chels xo

No comments