Recent Drugstore Purchases



I've been on a bit of a spending ban recently so when I was 'window shopping' in Superdrug/Boots and came across these little goodies that were on offer, I just couldn't help myself - I needed a drugstore top up d'ya know what I mean? 



Foundation Stick (F2), Foil with Primer, Foil without Primer

Make Up Revolution:

  • Medium Brow Pomade - I've been obsessed with the Freedom pomade so I was heartbroken when I couldn't find this on the shelf anymore however I've heard that the MUR Pomade is exactly the same - to be fair, I think they are right. It does seem identical as it's creamy and easy to apply but also matched my previous one exactly so I'm happy with this purchase.
  • Revolution Fast Base Foundation Stick (F2) - I've finally got one!! Yay! It has taken me so long to buy this product because whenever I went into store, they were completely gone and I wanted to colour match before I purchased - F2 was a perfect match! This is my first foundation stick so I won't give a full review as I'm sure you've seen about a thousand however what I will say is that it gives a lovely dewy finish but I wouldn't say it's a foundation that lasts all day no matter how much you set it but you can't really complain for a fiver.
  • Revolution Flawless Foils (Rival) - I couldn't decide what shade I wanted so I decided on this pink/rose gold colour and it is gorgeous. I don't think it's THAT different with the intensifying primer that it comes with but there is a slight and I think the foil is quite tricky to use with a brush so I would advise using your finger but it's is SO pigmented and hella creamy. The texture of it slightly reminds me of a more liquid version of the Colourpop Super Shock Shadows which I love. I hope they bring out more shades for this range because they're so cheap and a product I know I'm going to get good use out of. 

Top swatch is blush / bottom swatch is bronzer



L'Oreal:


  • Lifes a Peach Blush - This smells absolutely gorgeous as it smells like summer in a pan. This is probably one of my favourite purchases out of this lot mainly because I've been looking for a peach/coral blush because I'm not too keen of pink blushes on me so this one was perfect. It's very pigmented so you don't need to use a lot and I love the little compact with a mirror and brush it comes with. 
  • Back to Bronze Bronzer - I've also been loving this bronzer compact because, again, it's so handy! The shade has similarities to the much loved Benefit Hoola bronzer as it gives a lovely summer glow, although if you apply too much it can get a little muddy looking. 
  • Paradise Mascara - If you follow me on Instagram then you'd probably seen that I've included this mascara in a few posts as well as always writing how much I love it. This is my holy grail! I use this every day and I haven't found another mascara that's better yet. I know this is a loved by many product so if you don't already have it, I suggest to get it.
I've linked all the products above and I know that there is still a 3 for 2 offer on L'Oreal products just to make it that lil bit easier for you! Thank you for reading and let me know if there is anything worth getting in Superdrug and boots at the moment, I love a good drugstore rummage. 

Chelsea xo

No comments