Keilidh x SOSU Urban Bible Palette Review




If you haven't seen this collaboration yet then where have you been hiding? I mean seriously, the collabs recently are BLOWING ME OUT THE WATER, if that's even a thing, like this one which is the SOSU by Suzanne Jackson x Keilidh Cashell 'Urban Bible'. Sosu by Suzanne Jackson creates some of my favourite lashes so when they bought out a whole range with one of my favourite youtubers, you know it's going to be good!

Shades

The palette contains sixteen pans with a mixture of shimmer and matte shadows. There are such a diverse range of colours to create a mixture of fun to grungy looks, which if you follow Keilidh then you'd know that is her down to a T. 
  • Veil – A pure white matte
  • Saviour – A golden brown matte 
  • 1996 – An antique gold foil
  • Prophecy – A rich warm brown matte
  • Aura – A bright turquoise shimmer
  • Faith – A neon yellow matte
  • Unruly – A deep burgundy matte
  • Oath – A deep cool brown matte
  • Majesty – A bright burnt orange matte 
  • Myth – A bright lavender shimmer
  • Freedom – A neutral purple matte
  • Chaos – A metallic green-brown
  • Mercy – A baby pink shimmer 
  • Sacred Fire – A vibrant red matte
  • Sacrifice – A deep purple matte
  • Sin – An intense black matte
My favourite shades have got to be Aura and Mercy - these are beautiful shimmers and I'm a sucker for anything with a shim shim.



Formula
Ok this is the interesting bit now....for once, I genuinely think that the mattes work sooooo much better than the shimmer shadows. That's not to say that I don't like the shimmers but personally I think they require a little bit more work. The mattes are the perfect pigment, not overwhelming with colour which is what I prefer because I'm no MUA ok and these blend out really seamlessly without them going cakey and muddy. The shimmers had a mixture of formulas, Myth seamed quite crumbly whereas Chaos was quite hard to pick up with both brush and a finger - Chaos was the shade that caught my eye the most however it just needs a little more love whilst applying.



For the above look, I used: Faith, Saviour, Prophecy, Oath, Chaos, Sin, Majesty and then Myth in the inner corner

Overall
I am excited to really play around with this palette more as I feel like you can create so much due to the range of shades. Like I said, I LOVE the matte shades which is actually really important as I use mattes more than shimmer. I do really recommend this palette and for a total price of £30.95, I'd say it's worth it!

What's your favourite youtuber x brand collaboration?

Chelsea xo

3 comments

  1. I can't believe I haven't heard of this collab before! It looks like such a gorgeous palette with a great range of shades. Love the look you created too xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. It's such a good palette! Thank you babe xx

      Delete