My Favourite Beauty Products of 2018



I know I'm a little late to the party in showcasing last years favourites however I just couldn't resist on sharing with you all my absolute go to's throughout the whole of last year. These are the products that I would definitely be repurchasing when I eventually run out and there aren't a lot of products that I feel that way about. So, shall we start with the eyeshadow palettes as I HAD to include two...


If I were only allowed one palette for the rest of my life, I would choose this all day long. Some may say it's a boring colour scheme but it certainly has the shades that I have fallen in love with. You can dress it up or down depending on your occasion and it's my most used eyeshadow palette probably ever, it's definitely my safest one because you know what you're going to end up with. Each shade is pigmented and blends like a dream. My most used shade is probably Noir (the black) as I use it instead of an eyeliner nearly everyday by stamping it across my upper lash line.



I had to include this two because this palette is literally AMAZING. This product is pretty much the opposite to ABH Soft Glam as it's full of bolder, brighter colours but then there are a few shades that are for your everyday bishhhh. Not only are the eyeshadows incredible but one of the main reasons I've fallen in love with this palette is because of the highlighter shade 'Saint', I wear it everyday as it's gorgeous and so perfect for my skin tone, it's a beautiful peachy shade and blends out so well so you're not left with a stripe on your cheeks. This brand needs to come out with single highlighters because the formula is the best in my eyes, I would snap up that bad boy in a heart beat!

I bought this before the other shades were released so shade 3 is probably a tone too dark for my fair skin however it still works because the eyeshadow covers it up anyway! This is probably the best eyeshadow base I've ever come across, I was always a concealer on the eyes girl as I tried a few primers that just didn't work for me. This is only a tenner, you only need a small amount so it lasts ages and once applied, it goes tacky so you don't have to set it. It keeps your eyeshadow on literally all day without smudging, even glitters/shimmers!


Since I received this, I've not stopped wearing it as a blush. It is GORGEOUS!! It gives your cheeks such a pretty flush of colour with a beautiful subtle glow and the fact it's natural make up is also an added bonus. The shade of it is more pink/peach with a gold shimmer through it and this is another product that just blends seamlessly with the other products on your face. Would definitely recommend this over and over again - PLUS it's currently on sale.

This is another product from Proto-Col that I have been using religiously since I had received it although I don't use this as a foundation. I saw from Hannah Kelseys Instagram (@hannah.kelsey_) that she used it to set her face like a setting powder, well...soon as I started doing that I've not blooming stopped. It's soooo good at setting your face, controlling my oils AND because it's not translucent, it gives me a little bit of colour (despite it being the fairest shade).


I must admit, this is an expensive lipstick in my eyes however the formula of it is amazing. Despite it being a matte lipstick, it feels nourishing and very comfortable to wear. The shade of it is a pink toned nude so is it one that I always end up going to for any occasion - work, dinner, night out, shopping the lot! I get the hype but now I just need to get a loan out to get more shades because ya girl is broke.

I've already written a blogpost based on this lipgloss so I won't ramble in but it is the gloss you need in your life if you love juicy lips! It's soooo pretty and it smells like watermelon, do I need to say more?!


I LOVE this brand, I think it's one of my favourites and this is a holy grail pigment of mine. I've used this sooooo much as it's a beautiful pale champagne coloured ultra fine sparkle. It really does transform any make up look and if you follow them on Instagram, you'd know that this shade is a cult of theirs. If you want to try any pigment from them, I would definitely suggest this one.

I bought this thinking it would keep my eyebrow hairs at bay but I didn't realise that it was more of a volumising gel. I still love it though and it's part of my staple make up routine. I love how small the brush applicator is and the shade I use is perfect for my eyebrows. 

I've not added this to my blog now but I'VE FINALLY FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!!! I cannot stress enough how much I am in love and the fact is drugstore is literally amazing. The shade is perfect (I know, I did say I was pale!!), it's full coverage, it has a soft matte finish, it lasts all day AND it's less than a tenner. Hats off to Make Up Revolution because this is my favourite ever product from them. It reminds me of the fenty foundation but just more comfortable and less drying. If you haven't tried this yet, I suggest you do!

That's my favourites from last year, I've linked all the products for you to check them out. Do you spot any of your favourites too?

Love Chelsea xo

4 comments

  1. I forgot how much I loved gimme brow I used to go through that so quickly! I need to try the MUR foundation as I love the concealer version
    Charlotte / Charlotte's Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually need to stock up the MUR foundation AND concealer, they're both fab products! xx

      Delete
  2. So many fab products! I've heard so many good things about that PLouise eyeshadow base, and it's not too expensive either! Hope you have a great 2019 xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good base! Thank you lovely, hope you do too xx

      Delete